Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Post 306: New Art coming soon!

Hey folks...I just wanted to let everyone know the past little while at the current job is boring, so I've been doodling the past few days. In fact, they recently installed new filters so that I can't go to myspace or some other favorite sites. Luckily, blogger is still okay, so that's good.

With the end of City that Never Sleeps in a few days, I want to really THANK everyone that has stuck through the old material, because I'm hoping everyone is going to like the new material.

JK is working hard to get the full "first chapter" of The Ardy Vanstarr Adventures complete before launch, and I know Eric is trucking away on the pages of TAGGER, so it'll be great when I've got stuff to show everyone.

The format for TAVA will probably be Tuesday and Thursday updates, bu if JK and I think we can go as far as M-W-F, we may stick with that. I have to be honest when I say that I want to stay as far ahead on the prjects as possible, but I'll be writing the second story arc soon...since the first one is 40 or so pages, and JK is about 16 pages into it (and about 13 fully colored already), I have a little bitof a breather, but I feel like I'm kinda letting the fans of LANDIS down a little.

IF ANYONE is interested in doing a GUEST PAGE for Landis (or a pinup) or anything, let me know! I'm VERY interested in giving the masses NEW material. I know JK said he'd like to do a pinup or two for LANDIS, so we'll see if they come up :).

Anyway,

I'll be posting MY OWN art in the next couple days, so even if the main LANDIS site goes into a "reprinting" of the first arc (which it may), I'll be updating the blog with new art, hopefully every M-W-F for the time being just to keep us going.

However, my art may not just be of sketches of LANDIS, ARDY, TAGGER or other, I may post some newer art from THIEF (even though it isn't a Keenspot Exclusive to date), ATOMIC TEEN, CIPHER, or maybe even just redrawing some characters from my past, like Raccoon Man :)...I always liked drawing that guy.

Anyway, if anyone has any comic characters that they want me to try and draw, hit this up with a comment, and I'll see if I can't comply.

One last bit, and I want everyone's opinion about this one...I've noticed A LOT of webcomics accepting donations from fans to keep the quality and the product going. What is everyone's opinion of this? Does anyone think that they would ever consider donating for the comics? I'm just wondering...I don't think I'd do it, but I know that having to have a fulltime day job (just like BOTH artists, JK and Eric), we can't be as fast as we'd truly like on the comic, so I am just asking for opinions on this theory and way of doing comics.

No comments: