Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Post 297: Heroes Con 2007! And cars....

Hey all.

Recently, due to my issues at home, I thought that I'd be unable to attend Heroes Con in Charlotte. This really sucked, due to the fact that my favorite artist, Travis Charest is going to be there, and this is his ONLY American con this year. Those who don't know his stuff, check out his art, here...groups.msn.com/travischarest, trust me, you'll MORE than be glad you did. I'm going to try to at least get his sketch book or maybe even try to geta sketch from him, but I'm sure his line will be long enough to where I may have to get on a waiting list or something...(sucks).

This con is going to probably be bigger than the recent Philadelphia convention put on by Wizard World, because Wizard wanted to put another con on in Atlanta that weekend (June 30-July 2nd). Due to this, the comic community rallied behind the "little convention that could" and are planning to make this the biggest con in years (probably since Top Cow made the trek in 1998).

Anyway, I just wanted to say that Christy, my wife, has told me she's going to take next Thursday off so that we can drive down to Charlotte (the Convention Center is where it's at for anyone interested), and then come back on Friday after I've been able to get to the convention...

Of course, the following week, I'll be getting a new car...and I'm looking at the Nissan Sentra 1.8S...probably a 2004-2005. If anyone has any opinions about this model vehicle, please let me know...I think for the features I'm looking for and the pricing I want to look at this is probably the best options for me...but if anyone has another idea, please let me know...the other car that I thought was kinda of cool was a Suzuki Aerio SR, but I have no idea on their resale value nor how they hold up over time (something I've been told a Nissan is good at).

Anyway, help here would be great, folks. As always, you can post here, or email me at rpotchak@gmail.com

One last note...ANYBODY reading this that has my SUNCOM WIRELESS Number...it will be changing as of July 2nd. GET IN CONTACT WITH ME if you need my new number...and I'm not going to post it on my blog...

No comments: