Thursday, January 11, 2007

1-12-07: Another TAVA Promo piece




Alrighty, this one is actually a piece that was originally colored by JK himself *first image you see, should be top left, though is definitely the first pic*, and then what I like to call an "ENHANCED" version with computer coloring by me. To me it seems like it adds another dimension to the coloring and to the piece itself.
I wasn't even going to toy around with this, but JK said that he liked the coloring on the last piece I did a lot, so I decided to toy a bit more. I tried to add a roundness to Torch...oh...hold on...
Torch is a character that will DEFINITELY be appearing in TAVA, and though its pretty much agreed that the story will continue to be called (just) THE ARDY VANSTARR ADVENTURES, Torch will probably be showing up just as often as our giant yellow bastard himself in more of a sidekick role. He's created and owned by JK, and there are some good jokes about a troll with his head on fire, hehe...
Well, maybe one more piece before the end of the night (doubtful), but I actually did draw Ardy myself for the first time in a long while. I'm starting to take the "How to draw THE THING" (from Marvel) approach with him...what do I mean by that? He's not normal shaped... hes shaped more like a giant starfish. oh well :)....

No comments: