Monday, January 22, 2007

1-22-07: Rob Potchak draws TORCH.


Not the Human Torch, and not a stick with fire on it...


As a person who draws, I get asked a lot to draw characters I'm unfamiliar with. Today, I did it, but not because I wanted to draw a character that means nothing to me and I was just bored, no...I decided to draw Torch, a character that JK has created who will be appearing in The Ardy Vanstarr Adventures as Ardy's sidekick and plucky comic relief (when JK lets me write bad jokes into the script, hehe).
I decided that since JK also tells me that I need to do COMPLETE art when I draw, that I would also color the piece in a very 1980's VGA / my airbrush style. I think that if JK had created Torch and got a game deal back in the early 90's, it would've looked like this...hehe.
I also made him a little bit bigger than JK does, but kept him a small size in stature because I think it fits the character... anyway, let me know what you think.

No comments: