Wednesday, January 31, 2007

1-31-07: Junior Bruce / Potsy - Megaton Man / Rubber Brother

Howdy again today...As I'm bored just typing words into existing comic pages, I have decided that at this very moment, I want to color something, so I took JK's drawing from his deviantart page (yourbuddybuddy.deviantart.com) and took his piece of Don Simpson's Megaton Man and Rubber Brother which he'd already colored, and then I decided I'd make my own additions to it...

Here's what I did. I did my typical attempt at creating a really bad third dimension in the coloring, and then changed some of the simpler color aspects he had on here, like now the gloves on Rubber Brother are brighter (almost fluorescent) green, and I changed the background from a dull orange to this really bright fluorescent fuscia looking color.

JK and I talked for like two hours tonight on the phone about the launch of The Ardy Vanstarr Adventures, as well, discussing how we want to add things to the website before it really gets going... does this mean I'm going to pull the 12:01 am launch? No way!

What it IS going to do though, is get us to where we want to be on the webpage design, but its going to take a bit before its exactly where we want it. So we'll still launch the comic, update it on Tuesday and Thursday, but its just going to be the simple comic to begin with. Both him and I will have to find time to add to the website design and get it to where we really want it to be...

We want it to include a gallery page, a page where you can commission either of us for art pages, character designs and bios, a blog to update progress and more, like the hit counter...

Don't expect a keenspot ad, yet for us. We probably are going to want a couple of weeks pages up before we do that, and I think we'll want the website how we want it before we advertise... but its coming...

No comments: