Monday, January 08, 2007

1-8-07: TAVA updates, Civil War thoughts, more...

As everyone who reads this knows, I am not only a writer and amateur artist, but an avid reader of comics, and I must say that while other reviewers have disagreed with the turmoil that the Marvel Universe is in is bad, I look at it and go, "Thank GOD! Someone is finally making it INTERESTING again!" Let me remind you all of my background on this subject...the very first arc of LANDIS ended...that's right, ENDED with the destruction of the world as we know it... why? Because COMICS ARE FANTASY...I agree with a lot of what Mark Millar has written with his reconstruction of the Marvel Universe in these "You don't always know your enemy by what country they live in" times...and finally, someone complained on Newsarama (their weekly reviews) about how Stephen Strange looks bad by "not ending the war with a whisper," and how bad that looks...can't you tell that this is an obvious swipe at the GIP of a crossover and BS that was House of M? C'mon, folks, Millar and Bendis may be great friends, but everyone knows bogus when they read it...anyway, love it, and I want a CIVIL WAR POSTER BOOK from Steve McNiven...this stuff is phenomenal...which is why any time I find some original art from him, I snatch it up.

Okay...TAVA update...that's THE ARDY VANSTARR ADVENTURES to those without a working frontal lobe...ha, I gest. JK has sent me layouts for the first 18 pages...as soon as he blows them up, inks them and sends them to me to begin the lettering process we'll be ready to launch. Well, that and a webpage...anybody know someone that's looking to design a webpage for free, but with unlimited advertising potential that WILL reach thousands of people the day it launches? if so, contact me at RPOTCHAK@GMAIL.COM.

I'm 52 hours into ZELDA, so I haven't been doing much else, and Thursday, I begin community service...wahoo...Oh, and one last piece of info.

I'm in discussions with a cover artist of ARMY OF DARKNESS to possibly draw the main cover for Dead Sonja vs. The Army of Darktwits. I think he's one of the best guys out there and he's even drawn Ardy in the past...now if he could help me get a well-paying gig, hehe. More on this if and when we get the go-ahead.

No comments: