Tuesday, February 27, 2007

2-27-07: Back from AC...not as poor as I thought I'd be...


So yeah, got back around 9:30pm Sunday night, which was a bear of a drive with snow coming down...took 7.5 actual drive hours to get up there and took like 9.5 to get home, not exactly fun driving...start and stop throughout Delaware, Maryland and Virginia...soon as we got to NC, though, we were able to get through the rest in like two hours...

The two pictures you see are actually two winners I had...my days went like this...I got to the Trop at about 10am, and went right to the 3 card poker table. I slapped $120 down and said that this is all I'm going to play at the tables. Well, I got two pair, but in the end, and after about 10 hands, I ended with $0 of that...so we went to penny and nickel slots. I began to feel like I would never win anything, and was down about $400 after day one...which if you remember, left me with about $100 to my playing for the full next day.

I did win one game on day one...Fubar and I drank until we couldn't drink anymore, and from about 10am - 2am, we got smashed...I mean we got to the point where after 20-something drinks, our livers hurt...but heck, I felt good.

On Saturday, I decided I'd take the $40 in my pocket and play it on TRIPLE HOT 7's machines. Max play was 1.80, so I thought this wouldn't last long. Fu had been telling me he plays minimum bet on all lines (.09 per play) until he'd lost two in a row and then he'd bet five times bet, and he was only down $30 after the first day, so this seemed like a decent strategy, but I had to think up my own...so I decided to go 4 losses in a row and then bet max (thinking same logic, I guess...) Well, I hit...the first picture shows that...$145 on the max bet. I missed the progressive bet THREE TIMES on this machine (it paid out $22000 if you hit it by getting TRIPLE on top, middle, top). The rule we play by is if you hit something, you let the machine keep going til it stops...if you stop it, its bad juju, so we don't typically do that...so I started playing the machine right next to that one...I hit while the other was still paying for about $50... so that's $200 in winnings...

I continued to walk around these ten machines and win...so I decided to start playing other stuff...and drink at the same time (didn't matter how nauseous I was, I started winning and getting thirsty). I began to play things like more 3 card poker, and won about $100. As soon as I was up $100 on that, I left it. We were now at about 2pm, and I didn't want to stop playing, so we kept going...

I ended up for the day with $160 in my pocket...from $40...finally, the final day (drive back Sunday as I like to call it)...we checked out and I wanted to see if the TRIPLE DIAMOND machines would pay the same way the TRIPLE HOT SEVEN'S did...and it did...but I didn't go far on it, I got up another $75, and said "We're OUT!"

So overall, I think I was down about two hundred, but you can't discredit the fun. And the Trop finally started giving back again...so we'll go back up in August, and hopefully I won't lose everything there, because I have Vegas in September for work.

Hope everyone else had fun while I was gone...apparently the NYCC (New York Comicon) happened while I was up there, and I would've went had I know I was going to be up there already...oh well...

No comments: