JK has placed the original files back on the site, so it is now showing the comic again, but not the counter. Its cool, though, we'll get it all sorted out, which is cool.
TAVA's first advertisement will show up on March 2nd, as well. I wanted the March 1st, but since its only TAVA's 1 month anniversary, compared to SUPEROSITY's 8th YEAR Anniversary, I thought that it'd be best to "not cross the boss" and make sure Chris gets to celebrate Superosity on it's birthday :).
Now the scary news. I've let JK know that I've fallen a little behind on lettering the pages for ARDY, and as scary as it sounds, as soon as I get the energy back to finish up to the first 18 full pages, I'll get it done so that we'll be far enough ahead for a bit.
We have until March 1st to get a two pager done for the KEENSPOT PRIMER for Free Comic Book Day again this year, so I've got to come up with one soon, so JK and I can get it in for the book. I don't want to cop out and just reprint last year's, either...soooo....
Also, some other news to note. I'm still pondering on Freddie Blatant's offer for me to write the Dead Sonja sequel, and I see no reason why I'd say no, besides the fact that I'm almost afraid I'll make less writing the sequel than I did on the first one (still waiting on the info from the payday, on that, too...but I'm not sweating it, as you no doubt could tell by all this now).
I also was given the file to be able to letter in the same style that was used for LANDIS...why?
Because if I can find 600 dpi black and white files for LANDIS, Chris Crosby and I have decided I'll finish lettering the story and we'll print what looks like it will be a 120 page version of the book. He wants to try to find a colorist, and if he can for the last part, then I will letter it and we'll do a full color book for like $19.95 for 120 pages...if however we can't find a colorist...(and can recover fhe non-colored files)...we'll go for a less expensive route on it. We both have agreed that LANDIS was a labor of love that deserves its original format...an actual book.
So with this, if ANYONE knows people that want to get their start in comic book coloring, let me know, I am sure some sort of payment can be made for it, as well as their name in the credits, obviously. The only down side is that we are looking for uniformity for the story's coloring, although I would totally let Owen have the pages back to see what else he'd like to add to them, if he wanted to.
So there you have it...all the projects I am currently working on...TAVA comes first, then DEAD SONJA and then finishing what started it all...LANDIS. Not to mention that although it is slow coming, Eric IS chugging away at TAGGER, the long awaited sequel of LANDIS, but with him working upwards of 85 hours a week, its not coming nearly as fast as either him nor myself would prefer. MAybe at some point he'll get a break, and we'll be able to work on some comics again :).
So again, if you know a colorist, one that hasn't worked in the field but would be willing to try, let me know.
Thanks.
No comments:
Post a Comment