So I get told these things all the time...stop me if you have heard them all:
1- You are a great guy, and someday, you'll make a woman very happy
2- You are cool people, and I like hanging out with you
3- Why are you single?
4- With all your talents, I can't believe you aren't with someone
So it's easy to dissect them, because all of these statements have come from women that I've been close to, wanted to be close to, or are just friends that have opinions that matter to me. Actually, some of them are just random girls I know, as well, but I hear these things constantly?
The rumor that it will find you if you aren't looking is NOT true. That's the biggest bunch of bullshit I've ever heard. What I don't get, though, is if I'm such a catch...why haven't I been caught? Many people would take this as a sign of depression, the ol' woe is me approach, but seriously...what am I missing, what am I lacking, and why, in the eyes of women who let me in the front door as a friend, am I really that great of a guy that will make someone happy?
I have no answers to any of these questions. Here's how I typically look at myself:
We'll start with my negative feelings about myself
I'm 33 years old
pale complexion with freckles
25 pounds overweight right now
when it comes to saying what I like, I'm shy. I have a hard time going to start the convo.
I'm short. 5'8"
I work in a field that is dominated by male customers, so women are hard to come by, and when they do, it's normally for their man.
I'm honest to a fault (some of these are huge positives, as well, mind you).
I'm a nerd, geek, and want someone who is not against these things (video games, comics, pro-wrestling, sports, scifi, horror, etc)
I'm T-shirt and Jeans...
I don't drive (currently)
Okay, I've downtrodden myself enough here, so let's go with the positives:
I am loyal
I'm devoted
I have an ungodly amount of charisma
I am brutually honest
I WILL make you laugh
I can sing
I can write
I can draw
I am outgoing to where I bring the party
I am good with kids
I love dogs
I love my family
I love my friends
So let's break this down...notice: EVERY single one of my "flaws" is physical and EVERY positive is something that you have to see or get to know. You can't beat those odds, because I know that while those are the things in my mind, it stems back to a long time before that, when I would hear it.
This is why I've taken my current approach of "Love me or hate me, I'm still me...and I WILL show (tell) you that." It isn't much different than how I've always been, but truth is, I am going to start telling you I think you are attractive, and I think I'm even going to start telling people that they are missing out, and you know why?
Because every girl polled knows it, and maybe its time the rest the them did, too.
Woot.
No comments:
Post a Comment