Apparently, I upgraded the look of blogger, LOL and didn't even realize it. I've been thinking of adding some Vlogging to the site, since all I have to do is click that little button and add videos, now. I dunno, though, because normally, when I'm typing on here, I'm a little "less than appropriate," as I am typically not "business casual" while typing.
The rewrite on BEFORE THE DAWN is coming along. I almost want to just scan the original proposal in, as I said it was 10 years old, but it has to be older than that, because it was before Smallville started, and that show, having just finished it's tenth season, had to have been going longer than that, with hiatus' and how seasons linger into the new year, etc.
My LIKE page on Facebook (search Rob Potchak, it's the hand drawn art one), has 262 likes, and I'd like to increase that. I have stated for every 50 new LIKES, I will give free artwork away. I think this is a pretty swank offer, but what do I know? People always want me to draw something, but they never want to pay for it? Did it take time for me to do it? Yes. Did I put an effort into making you look good in it? Yes. Why can photographers get paid for it, and anyone with another talent just gets brushed to the side as, "oh, nice hobby, can you draw ...?"
I'm in a bit of a mood today, as my poker game got cut short with this hand... I had in the pocker Ace, Seven. I call the raise because it's just two people. Flop comes up: Queen Seven Seven...Three of a kind. I've stoned the other player. Now, rope him in...I check, he bets, I raise, he calls. Next card, a nine. He bets, I raise, he calls. WTF does he have? River, a Jack. He checks, I go all in, he calls and yells, "I flopped a straight..." He had King Ten, so he did WIN the hand, but are you serious? You flopped GARBAGE... you kept betting it...and while you were dominated, you basically took about a 2.5% chance, and ended up catching it. ANY other of those cards shows up other than an inside straight jack, on the river, and I double up and the rest of the game goes differently.
I have to work today, tomorrow, a midnight opening the next night and then on Tuesday. Originally I was working through Thursday, but now, my assistant manager has explained that he has an engagement party on Saturday that HE NEVER REQUESTED OFF FOR...Really? How the fuck am I supposed to know you want the time off when you didn't follow the request for time off rules?! Am I being too hard on the situation? I don't think so. This is like the 4th time he's had an issue with the schedule, and his statement was, "I didn't get a chance to talk to you about my schedule before you wrote it..." you are right, because you didn't follow the guidelines. I should make him work that shit. I feel for the kid, I really do, but this is like the third time he's fucked with a weekend off for me because he didn't follow a VERY SIMPLE RULE.
Anyway. I need to actually get ready for work, and figure out what to do with no money, since my debit card was left in a cash machine, I believe...God, I'm an idiot sometimes.
No comments:
Post a Comment