Thursday, May 05, 2011

515: I don't feel like being on the computer all day, so about last night...

So last night was the first time I'd seen "the girl" since she decided to re-hook with a former interest and left me in the rain. No sweat, I'm actually okay with it, but it was a little on the awkward side when she comes up, gives me a hug, and just stops talking with him, asks me how my trip was, and tell me she was jealous I went to Yankee stadium...oh, then introduced me.

But what was funny about the whole situation, I shook his hand as I was leaving and as I left the bar, he followed me out and stopped me to chat. I don't know if I just didn't want to like the guy or whatever the case may be, but...this dude was boring. He just started talking about nothing, and it seemed that maybe, besides her, he wanted to have a friend here...and I just think I'd sympathize for him, but I couldn't help but yawn at him.

She came outside, and looked cold, I of course, wearing a jacket and offer it to her, she declines and then HE insists she take it...LOL, really? He wanted to continue talking about just random nothings. She's freezing, wearing my jacket and he wants to just continue with the blah blah blah.

He walked away to put out his smoke, and she kinda looked at me and shrugged her shoulders.

Wow...I guess if they really have something special when they are alone, that's one thing, but while I was worried about having things in common, I just think this guy's best act is to put others to sleep at night.

I know I sound like I'm hating, and I'm not trying to, but the reason why people like me is the personality, and he just seemed to be sorely lacking. The kind of guy that won't sing at the karaoke bar, while standing to watch with his arms crossed like he's ready to go.

And having been the person that found that lost love after a long layover somewhere else... it normally doesn't work out the second time for the same reasons it didn't the first time. The only problem is, you try to keep it going much longer the second time...and then it breaks you even harder.

It's no big deal, I've decided I'm just gonna be me and enjoy myself. I felt like a million bucks when I got back from vacation, and it's time to punch the depression in the mouth. Sure, coming home alone to the pups is a little disheartening, but I think I've put up a front and don't try to talk to people when I probably should...I want to try something else, and think I'm going to.

No comments: