Monday, June 06, 2011

530: Fudged up flights ...

So here we go, beginning my vacation on the wrong note.

Yesterday, my mom who was kind enough to watch my dogs and pick me up for my trip to the airport decided that she wanted to bring me to Durham last night, which she did, but only after a fight with me because she hadn't told me that I was going to see a movie.  It all ended up working out, as the movie sold out, but I could.have had more notice of what she wanted to do before 7pm when I'm trying to go see a 7pm movie...anyway.

Today, I was dropped off at the airport 3.5 hours early, and that was no big deal, until that became 4.5 hours because the plane needed maintenance. I already don't like flying, but this may cause issues with my connectig flight and put into jeopardy the Nintendo conference I'm already thinking I may miss because I haven't gotten my badge holder for the show.

Oh well,  I am actually typin this on the plane and whilebi DID bring my laptop with me, this is on my phone in airplane mode, which is nice because it gives me somethig to do on the flight...though if I'm that late for the connecting, I'm worried my carryon won't have room since I'll most definitely be the last one to board.

So I dropped some bombshells on Twitter today about rumored RAINBOW SIX and how the Kinect works with Ghost Recon and I wasn't even at the show yet. Couple that with that I nailed the BATTLEFIELD 3 release date, and eight months ago told everyone to expect a new Nintendo console at E3, you'd almost think I have an inside source for the biggest game show on the planet...truth is...I don't.  Sure, I have friends in the industry, but they are locked down in NDAs so I just do what Michael Pachter always does...listen to the wind blow, know how the industry rolls and make educated guesses that really make sense.

People saying "expect the next Xbox" are two years off. You have to understand the highs and lows...People ask all the time when to expect DIABLO III? This one is simple... the industry is full of NYSE companies like EA, ACTIVISION and TAKE 2. That means expect DIABLO III when Activision isn't earning the capitol that they need to generate to make their share holders happy...THAT is why Nintendo is announcing a new System...price drops on the Wii haven't made sales happen and the 3DS while.amazing missed its projected sales in its first Quarter.

The industry really is that simple...Why is CALL OF DUTY not Kinect or Move supported? It doesn't have to be to sell buttloads...but Mass Effect 3 will add voice commands from Kinect because it was generally a 360 game and now to keep Microsoft happy, they are adding a reason to keep it on that system. Ghost Recon wants to be relevant? Add features the other shooters don't have and BAMMM cement your place back in people's minds.

I'll probably write more later, but this one basically just trned into a "I know I'm smart with the industry," but I think you already knew that. Lol

It's amazing how lucid one can be at 50,000 ft or whatever we ar up here.  Like I said, I'll probably write more later, but by the time I get to my destination, Sony will have already announced God of War 4 and at least one Move game we weren't expecting...and Kevin Butler will probably make at least one joke about the network outage.

You may've heard it from me first, if I was allowed to tweet from the plane...

No comments: