Saturday, June 25, 2011

537: Another Speech...Fu and Krysta's wedding...

Some reflection, first...I know I should be coming up with words to describe these two getting married. He's one of my best friends, and she's the best thing to happen to him, so why is this the first time I struggle with the words?  We are all supposed be able to express this stuff, right? No, I know that's not true, but I am, its what I do, it's how I am.  so let's see if i can come up with something...
--

As I struggle to call him "John," for only like the 5th time ever, many more people have come to know him by another name.  No, not Ron from Best Buy, and obviously it isn't by his last name, as no one pronounces J's as H's...He's Fubar, and I've known him longer than most of the people here, except family, I believe. To be up here, saying this, is truly an honor that can't be expressed. You want to go into the embarrassing moments, like the time he slept outside on stairs because we locked the door to the beach house, or drinking games that turned into sharpie on the face drawing contests...or even that one time I told him if he was bleaching his hair that he should bleach the eyebrows, as well...but that isn't what today is about.

Today is about him making the best decision he has ever made. Expressing his love and devotion to the best thing that has happened to him. While I am not sure I understand the connection him and Krysta share, I do know that sometimes the puzzle pieces fit together even when they look like they shouldn't.  He cares for her, she takes care of him. 

I met Krysta at a poker game, where she was determined to win, and when she claimed she was all in, John was determined to see it through, using the sweet nothing..."Sorry, baby, but I call..."  I'm not sure who won that hand,  they may have even chopped the pot, but when they both got knocked out and I got called a "Deusch Bagel with Cream cheese" and they both laughed, I knew I didn't have to understand them for them to understand each other.

Something happened when they got together...While she has always seemed mature, John had finally made a serious step in life to adulthood...marriage, buying a house...pretty soon he'll be buying linens and attending dance recitals...okay, enough of this...

I love both you guys, and with that I salute with our favorite drinking salute...Krysta, Fubar, MA FU HAI!

3 comments:

Schmiggs said...

we really need to teach you how to spell douche

Potsy said...

my spelling is fine. I type these from my phone, which when you just start rolling with it, you end up with typos, or anytime you are near your spacebar hitting keys, sometimes you end up with broken words. It's one of the few things I can't stand, but I also don't edit over everything on the phone now, either.

and since I don't use douche...why should I learn how to spell it? I just need to know how to SAY it when I'm reading a speech...

dousche :)

Krysta said...

Thank you so much for everything you have done for us. Your toast was amazing, glad I was able to find it.