Sunday, December 19, 2004

Christmas Presents and B-Day presents

Hey all,

Just wanted to give an update, since its probably been a couple days now (at this time of year, they all flow together since I work in retail). This is my favorite time of year, and my least favorite time of year, all rolled into one, because well, I work in retail (bad) and both Christmas and my Birthday happen at this time of year, with my fiancee, Christy's b-day falling in January.

Some presents larger than others have already begun showing up, since people were afraid I may not show up for something, they wouldn't see me, or "its just too big to bring to your birthday dinner."

So far, I've gotten great gifts, including players cards from my favorite Christmas movie, A CHRISTMAS STORY (you'll shoot your eye out), from ym brother Dave, a poker table (probably for 6-8 players) and chips from my sister and her husband, and the complete first and second seasons of Seinfeld from my buddy Mitch. All top notch, and I'm glad everyone listened to the hints I was giving, because I rarely want certain things, but this year, I wanted stuff, so I subtlely started talking about it.

So here it is...anyone who reads this from my standard circle of friends (you know who you are)...BEGINNING DECEMBER 29th, a WEDNESDAY, and one week after my birthday, will begin POKER NIGHT at Potsy's house!

BYOB, but the table will hold 6-8 for Dealer's Choice poker. This means No-Limit, Texas Hold'm, Day and Night Baseball, standard draw and any other Poker games that anyone wants to teach.

Time is up for discussion (I work until 9:30 pm that evening but have Thursday off, so I'm til playing until we can't play no more! I'm figuring a 10pm start time.

No comments: