Sunday, December 12, 2004

WWE Armageddon tonight

As this is a SMACKDOWN ONLY PPV, I will probably not be getting it myself, however, I did think I'd post my thoughts on what will happen leading Smackdown into the Royal Rumble. We'll start at the bottom of the card directly from WWE.COM

Spike "The Boss" Dudley (c) vs. "Smackdown #1 Announca" Funaki
Crusierweight Title Match

Has anyone cared about Spike Dudley being the CW Champ at all? I don't think so, and due to this, I really think Vince will do a smart thing and give Funaki the title in an ala Mikey Whipwreck kinda way...an accidental victory and a slew of victories that shouldn't happen before losing the strap at WM21 to who knows who.

Puder vs. Mizanin
Dixie Dog Fight (???)

Also known as a BRAWL FOR ALL Tournament match...oh sorry. Mizanin gets destroyed if this fight is really a shoot, otherwise, expect him to win outta nowhere if its scripted. The funny thing here is that WWE.COM actually MENTIONS the Bart Gunn vs. Butterbean disaster from a past WM. Crazy stuff.

Big Show vs. "The Honor Society" (Angle, Luthor and Jindrak)

My personal opinion here says that a team that the WWE is trying to push as huge badasses HAS to win this match...the odds are supposed to be TOO stacked against Big Show, and I see that, unless Jindrak has "had enough" and leaves, which could happen, but its WAYYY too early in the stages for that.

Dawn Marie vs. Miss Jackie
Charlie Haas as the special ref

Classically this would be the beginning of a heel turn and Haas would drop Jackie, but he has been injured and no one cares about this feud unless clothes come off, so I HOPE they leave him with Jackie...they're a good pair, unless they want to get Rico back involved (he wasn't fired, was he?)

John Cena (C) vs. Jesus
United States Title Match (Street Fight)

Quick Match, if Cena isn't going to be around, I see him dropping the belt, even though Jesus would be the SECOND guy that sucks to beat him, even if it is with help. I want Cena to win, but I want him to come back and actually be on the show...because he NEEDS to be.

RVD/Rey Mysterio (C) vs. Renee Dupree / Kenzo Suzuki
Tag Title match

God, get this over with...these are like Velocity Matches on this show. Man this PPV is going to suck. They ought to let RVD have Paul Heyman as his manager and make a title run, but it won't happen. In fact, to further bury him, he'll probably get pinned tonight...crappy, huh?

JBL (C) vs. Undertaker vs. Booker T vs. Eddie Guerrero
Fatal 4way for Smackdown WWE Title

I expect JBL to keep the title in a crappy fourway with one pin for the win. Expect something awful.

No comments: