So today's my birthday, and not to sound ungrateful, in order, let's get to who DID wish me one. My Aunt Geri, Aunt Marge, Aunt Helen, and their respective families sent cards.
My best friend from as long as I've lived here, Chris, called today, even after he took me out last night and gave me a very warming, "Happy Birthday ya old Bastid" to cheer me up. My buddy Mitch found time to call before he got on a flight to Michigan so see his family (and possibly his grandma for the last time) to tell me.
My mom, both sisters, my Brother in Law, Shane, my little brother Dave, my Dad, and everyone I worked with (even got some birthday licks, yay).
My fiancee Christy came back from NY to be here with me on my birthday, and that means more than most would think. Her parents made sure to get on the phone with me to wish the same while she was with them.
The people you only hear from once or twice a year anyhow from, I don't mind them not calling, since they have their own issues to deal with (one cousin just found they have breast cancer), so they can take care of themselves and I hold no ill will.
The people that I would have liked to just gotten a phone call from who didn't wish me one, Like Fubar and Derek, well...that hurts.
I'm not trying to bitch, but after living with these guys, and inviting them to almost everything I do because they are friends, they don't even call to say, "happy birthday." They can't make it to the birthday family dinner both had been invited to tomorrow night, so both received a text message saying, "What about hanging out tonight?" And NEITHER responded anything.
Thanks guys.
To everyone else, I'll probably post before Christmas, but if for some reason I don't, have a happy holiday.
No comments:
Post a Comment