Y'know, it wasn't long ago that I NEVER read DC Comics. I would read everything that Marvel produced and nothing from DC. I'd say that my comic collection was 90% or more Marvel, and the rest being DC and Image.
Now, though, my monthly fix includes probably closer to a 45% / 45% ratio, with the other 10% being books from various creators.
With Identity Crisis, DC decided to grow up and tell GOOD stories, though I have no idea how it will end. Even before the final issue ships out this week, everyone is already talking about their next big event, and this one will be huge, DC Countdown. Just the cover of Previews says it all...
"Cover by Jim Lee and Alex Ross; 80 Pages; $1.00!!!"
Any time you get an 80 page comic written (at least partly) by Geoff Johns, you are getting a good book. The guy is incredible, and he's been one of the few writers that has been tying Identity Crisis into his titles because it makes for better reading.It also makes it feel as though the universe IS connected, making it revolve a little better, too.
Anyway, my money is on the culprits being Lex Luthor and Jason Todd, long believed to be dead, but he could very well be Hush...since this weeks issue of Gotham Knights is sure to shock MANY...(got an advance copy, and it was more than good).
Enjoy the comics this week, and heck, I was the one who brought DC Countdown to the attention of my retailer, since they didn't notice it on the final pages of all the new DC titles.
Til next time.
No comments:
Post a Comment