This was received from Erik Larsen after I asked for Creative Criticism and anything that may help the project get picked up. I understand where he was coming from with his statements about not being able to critique it, but it shocks me the decision would come as fast as it did.
"Dear Rob,
I DO realize that it might be helpful to get some insight into the reasons that your book was rejected but frankly, there aren't enough hours in the day to give everybody critiques!
We get thousands of submissions and it's simply not possible to go through all of them and give out pointers to help creators determine where they neen to make improvements.
If there was a little tweak or fix that would take your proposal from being in the reject pile to the approved pile we would have made suggestions to help make that happen, believe me--but this was not the case.
-Erik Larsen Publisher"
I have no ill will towards Mr. Larsen, as he needs to do for his company what he sees fit, however, as a person who has been published, who has a cover drawn by one of the hottest artists today, as well as colored by a guy who works on at least ten Marvel books a month, I wonder if the work was given a fair shake...but I'll keep trying. This story NEEDS to be printed, and it will happen.
No comments:
Post a Comment