Tuesday, February 08, 2005

ARDY and more.

Tim Johnson recently gave me the okay to REPUBLISH Ardy: City That Never Sleeps, as long as I don't credit him. He said it isn't because he wasn't proud of the art, he just feels its because he's so much further than that point in his art life. So I may republish that with the Tom Nguyen (JLA, BATMAN, etc) drawing as the cover, since its a cool piece, or maybe the Bill Maus piece.

I want everyone to know that if I do it, it is simply because I felt that it was such a fun story that it NEEDS to be redone, since the last 10 pages NEVER saw print, and I've recently found parts to it that never saw print the first time. If I DO republish it, I may do so as a DIRECTOR'S CUT, and re-letter it, clean up some of the sequences, and actually add some director's commentary.

Chris Crosby does not own the artwork or the publishing rights and he's told me that he'd be okay with the reprinting, but of which, as a nice thing to do, I'll definitely credit where the pieces originally saw print, just because its the fair and honest thing to do.

Speaking of Chris Crosby, I'll be emailing him this week, in an attempt to get an update on the status of LANDIS, the first 5 issues that are to be re-printed in the summer before convention season. Hopefully he's ready to really get it out there, snice the first issue was very well received, and artist Owen Gieni DESERVES to be out there with the big names. I've never seen a young artist put so much into making the title come alive, and Owen did just that. I got excited about seeing pages from a book I wrote EVERY time he sent them my way.

Hopefully, you folks will get to see the pages at some point, on more than really bad newsprint. But then again, heck, how many indy-writers can say their book was ever FULL COLOR? I gotta give it to Crosby...he gave me the right to say that.

No comments: