Sorry for not being on here the past few days, I've had off the last two and actually have tomorrow off, as well, but I just really have tried to not write until it just hits me that I have to put it down on the keyboard.
With production on Thief moving forward, JK Radtke and I were talking the past couple days and we are going to continue to try to get ARDY/TORCH: Spring Broke done. Hopefully writing the second half of it will be as good as I think the first half is, which is funny, since I wrote it about 3-4 years ago and never finished it because JK and I just were unable to make it happen. That's not the case anymore, so I just need to tap into what got me that far and just finish the deal. Hopefully I'll be able to update this site with some drawings from JK about the movement forward on the project.
Eric from last I heard, has started more character designs and actually started laying out THIEF, which I believe we'll introduce the title with the #0 issue, explaining how Derek Stevens actually gets the powers, and then explain how he deals with them in the mini-series (that could subsequently become an ongoing). The idea is so strong that I feel I'm getting intimidated when it comes to writing it, because I think it is a stronger idea than I am a good writer...I'll guess we'll see with that.
Since I haven't written anything in the past week or so, tonight I'll probably do some character sketches for other characters in the book, since I am expecting Infinity to have a clash with the other heroes of this universe. I'm trying to think of a good unused name for a team of heroes that Infinity was part of before that character was killed, so that there will definitely be a situation there.
I was talking to another buddy of mine, Al Lucente, about writing of comics, and its funny that I see myself NOT doing what I told him he needs to if he ever wanted to write a comic book...and that is to make sure that you have a beginning, a middle and an end. As a character, Infinity and even Derek Stevens has the capability of becoming an Iconic character, one that can continue to evolve, rather than be built on one small concept that stales over time. Kind of the Power means Responsibility statement.
I hope people are reading this board, because they are the ones that I'm hoping to make fans and enjoy my works. Have a great evening, all, I'm going to the drawing board.
No comments:
Post a Comment