Sorry for the lack of updates recently. I know I go in spurts. Figured I'd give a rundown.
I bought some new comics this week, including Phoenix: Endsong from Marvel. Apparently the first two issues have sold out, so I made sure to pick them both up. Marvel does this thing, now where they reprint a book, or a second printing as its known, but their new marketing strategy is to call them "Limited Edition" books when they are second prints, which is pretty accurate. They change the cover on the second print, but they print less of them, so although its stupid, it works.
I input the entire side of my family's addresses into the laptop, and MANNNN is that a long list. This list, of course, is for the wedding guest list, and my family side alone is like 100 people...sheesh.
The writing has slowed a little the past couple days, not just here, but in general. I'm hoping the laptop isn't hurting my creativity. Its intended to do the exact opposite, but, any creative person knows that some things meant to make it easier...rarely do.
I have the whole #0 issue and 3/4 of the #1 issue of THIEF written, already, and next issue the fun really starts, as I'll introduce a team of heroes that wants answers for where Infinity had disappeared to, and how he "came back." Should be a fun reactionary type story.
It's funny, I used to notice that I would write action scene, action scene, drama, action scene, drama. Now, I find myself flip-flopping that. I'm writing more dramatically, with less action and being told that there isn't enough going on. I'm told the scripts move along and deal where they need to, but an entire issue can take place in five minutes time.
I try not to decompress, but sometimes, you need to have the character put one moment into place, and the whole issue encompasses it.
Well, I'm going to leave it at that...Oh, and how about Philly 31 - New England 17.
You heard it here first.
No comments:
Post a Comment