Thursday, February 10, 2005

Landis moving forward

Hi all,

I'm trying to give more up to date news as often as possible, without trying to just drum up the same stuff over and over again. Today, I bring you the latest information on a book that is 3 years in the making.

In October of 2002, I resubmitted an idea to Chris Crosby for a book called Landis. I said that we already had a cover for it drawn by then's X-Men artist, Ethan Van Sciver (now Green Lantern Rebirth's artist) and said that we should really try to gain some sales by utilizing that cover and that art. Chris couldn't disagree, or if he could, for once he didn't =), and we decided to find an artist. A Young Canadian by the name of Owen Gieni was found with a vigor and powerful stroke, the man was a renaissance artist, able to pencil, ink and paint, WOW. This guy was perfect. He could draw manga, comics, or sci-fi (as he showed with his designs for THE GOODS). This book was fast tracked, and with Keenspot backing it undercover, from the three of us creating a name that would show up in the front of the independent portion of Previews, A-BOMB, we were moving forward. I never felt a script get written so quick and well by me, and then everytime I saw Owen's pages, I knew that he understood and hoped he was enjoying the pages as well.

The title was where I got free reign to write what I wanted, when I wanted to, and about whatever I wanted. Chris was editing it, but it really was just flowing, and though I got told I had to re-write #0, which saw print and looked great, even on newsprint, I still got to do it my way. In fact, right here, knowing that Chris will probably read this, I have to say that I've been a dick about this project, trying every way I can to get it printed...heck, I still want some of the original art, but Owen and I only talk on rare occassions now because he's trucking away on sorethumbs.com, a cool webcomic about political video game store owners. Anyway, before staying on a rant, I want Chris to know that I'm apologizing for a lot of things I may have said, since all he wanted to do was find a way to get the most exposure for my title so it wasn't a waste of money for him or his company, and it has taken me this long to understand that.

Anyways, LANDIS v.1 right now is slated for July of 2005, so it should be available to be seen in the May issue of Previews. This is great because it means two things...It should be available to show at all the big conventions, and hopefully it'll be ready at HEROES CON in Charlotte, since with all my wedding planning and all, I may not have the money for the other shows, and it'll definitely be available to give as gifts to everyone who attends my wedding, hehe.

LANDIS v.1 is about an immortal named Elisa Landis and her adventures. Thsoe she befriends and those that consider her an enemy, all trying to locate Thor's hammer, Mjolnir.

It is also the first full color appearance of the alien known as Ardy Vanstarr, just in time for his 20th birthday in 2006.

More later!

No comments: