Monday, February 07, 2005

Talk with Joe Quesada

Well, earlier tonight, I was reading on NEWSARAMA.COM, probably the best place to get info on upcoming comics, and it would be great to one day get some headline on there, when I was reading an interview between Joe Quesada and his editor, Axel Alonso, when I noticed that Joey Q was online...so I decided what the hell. And I did ask permission to use one quote from him, hopefully he doesn't hate me for posting a little bit here. Joe Quesada is the Editor in Chief at Marvel.

RPotchak: Joe, you are all over the place on Newsarama...thanks for all the insight

JOE Q: yeah, like a bad smell

RPotchak: if you say so. It's impressive that you are trying to be a lot more open with the comic public... it almost seemed for a while there that you had disappeared into the night

JOE Q: I was just laying low for a while

RPotchak: just when do we get to clone you so one can draw? =)
RPotchak: we all miss your art...some of us just don't mind saying it

JOE Q: Got a petrie dish filled with DNA but it ain't working

RPotchak: Marvel's lawyer's not letting you go forward with stem-cell? =)

JOE Q: LOL!

RPotchak: could you imagine what kind of creativity we could get out of like 5 Quesada's?

JOE Q: Five times the lazyness

And because I want to keep most of it to myself, since I don't want to get sued by Marvel, and may in fact want to TRY to get hired by them one day, I'll just end it with this...

RPotchak: what drives you to stay on top...besides the obvious, Bob Wayne pulling out his hair?

JOE Q: Boob Wayne doesn't drive me to do anything but laugh

RPotchak: thanks for being such a sport, Joe...and you said boob, was that a typo?

JOE Q: What drives me is just making good comics for people who spend their hard earned money on them. Did I say Boob, well look at that

Now, I don't think he meant to take another shot at Bob Wayne, (who doesn't like Quesada for statements made in the New Yorker, and he himself works for DC Comics) especially when I asked to use a couple quotes for my blog (I've got that part saved, so, I think I'm in the clear).

I just thought it was fun to finally be a five minute interviewer and have everything sound fun. I hope my three readers enjoy.



No comments: