My view...
Millionaires wishing to make more money on both sides. Just like everytime a major sport can't come to an agreement and go on strike, this is ridiculous. Hockey isn't making the revenue that all other major sports are, the season is too long and ultimately, it's just millionaires trying to pad their money that if smart, they'd never run out of anyway...but that's never the case.
The players lost ANY leverage AND credibility when NOW, 6 months later, they say they'll take a cap. Owners won't meet them halfway, and I don't blame them now. But I don't like either side of this, because both sides are just greedy.
Truly, I hope they are ready to have empty arenas. $40 a ticket for a team that is only about money and not fans is ridiculous. They better be ready to give ALL the seats for free, just so they can get a couple thousand fans in the audience. I don't expect them to give away free tickets, and I don't expect anyone to go to the games, including the die-hard fans, because they are the most shafted by this. They are the ones that buy the merch, they are the ones that bring the whole family wearing jerseys and start playing in hockey leagues to pass the time, and tomorrow, no matter what the decision is...most "fans" have already written off this season, and a lot of them have written off what used to be a sport...and now is just a business.
No comments:
Post a Comment