Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Post 276: Mad props for elisalandis.com today...

I've noticed that I start alot of these posts with "Well, " and today, I caught myself getting ready to do it, so I'm making fun of myself for it.

Today marks a new day on Elisalandis.com, and its a day that is 10 years in the making. Today marks the first appearance of ARDY: City That Never Sleeps the 10th Anniversary Director's Cut (playing off the 10th anniversary Highlander collection of 1994). The story is completely redone in greyscaling by me, completely rescripted and just full of out and out craziness.

This IS the FIRST time this will be seen...fully. This is the FIRST time this will be seen with the new script, and I'm ultra proud of my graphic design, and the remastering of the files.

The cover page here is from Tom Nguyen, who has recently shown his work off in Batman, JLA and is currently working on the exciting new weekly title for DC called 52. Tom's also writing an article called "I Draw the Line" at www.comicon.com/pulse, to show people how to draw proper proportion, scale, musculature and more. I've known Tom since he broke into the business drawing Major Bummer with Doug Mahnke and John Arcudi, the guys who created THE MASK (which later became the Jim Carrey movie). Although I joked with Tom that he gave Ardy too many fingers, its still TOO awesome of a piece to not show...

Colors on the cover were done by the amazing Jas Ingram, who said that he'll help out with graphics for any new projects that come up, "for old time's sake." Heh, I just love these guys.

The art for the series is by a graphic designer living in NY, Timothy Johnson. To my knowledge, he has left comicking a while back, which makes me sad, but if he's doing what he loves, he really grew as an artist, and his imagination has taken over. I can't say enough good things about Tim. I would basically only write dialogue and he KNEW where to place the images. He new the backgrounds before we'd ever discuss them, and he would just blow me away, and make me work THAT much harder, in an attempt to really impress him as much as he was impressing me.

Well, there are 25 pages of fun story ahead...I'm just hoping we can get the launch of ardyvanstarr.com soon, so that we can really bump all this into motion.

Please, post ANY comments you have about Ardy either here or on the Landis Forum, I'd love to hear what you folks have to say...hell, write me a comment on the myspace page if you want...I'd love to see the friend's list grow :).

Take care.

No comments: