Today I met my nephew. To most people this wouldn't be werd or awkward, seeing a little child just after childbirth, but Drew, my nephew, is almost 2 years old already, and we were originally told that he wasn't my brother's son. He is the cutest boy in the world, which is crazy, considering who his parents are :). Anyway, this was a really cool thing for my brother to bring him by my work while I had to be here for 10 hours.
Tomorrow, I have a final interview for a job with GAMESTOP CORP, whom I guess I have worked for in the past on the EB GAMES side. It would be for a manager in trainnig position, since I'm to the point in life and career where another move NEEDS to be made.
Had a conversation with Christy yesterday that kind of discussed how people's feelings and what they want contribute to their necessity for certain things in life...meaning...If a person doesn't want to love someone else, the nerves and synapses that tend to push you in the direction of love don't fire as often, and in most cases falter and stop entirely. This is why people don't normally stay together if they break up. Its common science that if you train yourself to not feel a certain way, you won't. The only way to change it is to make a conscious effort to change that, which means you will fight yourself and what your mind and body tell you are wanted to allow yourself the opportunity to find what you thought you lost. This is why a fleeting person can fall out of love so easily and not think twice, but someone who really loved, hurts when the break occurs and then can't do enough to keep it together unless they force it until it becomes natural again. Too bad most humans aren't logical, huh?
This week, I intend to start utilizing Photoshop and Illustrator to draw...what am I going to draw? I honestly have no clue. I've got some ideas, but I'm hoping to actually get them on paper, or tablet, and if I can actually do it, I'll post the work up online, since I am really interested in seeing what I'll be able to do.
Well, I hope this wasn't nearly as ranty or negative as some of my previous posts. I just hope people aren't leaving the site because of these rants...
Oh, one last thing...I have read the first two issues of John Taddeo's ZOOM SUIT... and I have to be honest when I say this...the ONLY reason this book is selling like it did is because the first issue was sold to retailers at a huge discount (I believe .75 per copy) and ultimately...it isn't ANY good. Taddeo's writing is very amteurish (similar to this Ardy story, BTW, hehe...but then, I wrote it 11 years ago) and that isn't good for someone who wants his comic company to become established. If he really wanted to write a good comic, it shouldn't be so campy and cheesy. Less is more. A great comedic moment is better than constant attempts and failures at a one liner per page. I'm just very disappointed that I gave them $3 to buy the second issue, and I'd offer to write the story because it has a very good premise from what I've seen...its just written extremely poorly.
Sorry if someone else likes the book, this is only my opinion and I'm just very disappointed that a book that sold over 30,000 copies of its debut issue won't hold up because of how bad it reads.
No comments:
Post a Comment