So with all the issues going on in my personal life, its funny how "little" things can set me off.
For example, my wife set up a MySpace page, and she originally had her profile set to "Single." Also, she wrote in it, "Not looking for hook ups or dates, I can get that stoopid shit at work." Now with all the issues we've had, I confronted her about both issues. To the first she stated that it was a Defaulted option that owould have to be changed that she hadn't gotten to, yet. I said, "Okay" and that was the end of that...except then she decided that placing in there that she can get dates and hookups from work made it sound even worse. She told me she'd change it (on both accounts) and for her credit she changed them. She placed in her profile that she was married, and then she placed right after, "Not looking for hook ups or dates, I can get that stoopid shit at work." ... "And...um...I'm married."
Now I don't know if she was just trying to upset me or whatever, and she said she wasn't, but it truly seemed like she was. I know she's not trying to find booty calls or anything, but come on, don't insult your marriage when its been on the rocks for as long as it has. It doesn't help anything.
So she changed it again (at my request,) claiming that she wasn't trying to upset me and she just wanted to place a little gest in there. I unfortunately take everything said about my marriage (good or bad at this point,) VERY seriously...to a fault at times. It now says that she's not looking for a date or a hookup because "its the Internet for Christ's sake." Taking out the statement that she's married (though the profile still states it.
My buddy Derek looked at it when it said she was single, and when I mentioned it to him, his first reaction to me was, "What the Fuck?" Meaning, I wasn't the only one to read it wrong, and I was't the nolyone to get a bad feeling from it.
Long story short, Christy posted a blog statement on there basically "apologizing" for her statements and flat out stated, "After Rob has gotten on my case a bazillion times about my profile, I will make a public apology for not saying I was married, as we all know, the "single" status is default until you insert the info, and I hadn't even put shit in yet. Sorr-eeee!!!"
It sounds like she feels I overreacted, and that she is unhappy about being told she should change it, even though our marriage should be respected and nourtured rather than just a statement of fact.
I stated I take my marriage very seriously, and I hope she does, as well, but actions and words speak volumes. And all this is just to vent my frustration, much like she did. Yes, childish, whatever...just feel I needed to get it off the chest.
Next week some real news, folks...not just this BS ranting all the time. For real.
No comments:
Post a Comment