Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Post 284: To buy a computer...?

Once again, I find myself wanting to purchase a new computer. Problem is, I don't want to pay what they want to charge me this time.

DELL consistently offers AMAZING discounts on tehir products, but they don't offer what I want...and what I want is a tablet PC, so I can put Photoshop on it and start digitally creating artwork...but NOOOOO...Dell doesn't want to jump into that Niche Market.

The average cost of a Tablet is about $3-400 MORE than your standard laptop. Couple that with the fact that DELL's website often times offers 35% off (or as much as 40% off) from time to time, means that if they were to create a tablet PC that met the specs I'd want, that I may be able to afford one.

Now I'll probably end up swallowing the pill, and buying one that doesn't totally meet my needs and paying a little less for it, but with this, I'm not sure that's what I want to do. I really want one that is going to allow me to do what I need it to, and on top of that, make some really good art in the process.

If anyone has any suggestions, please, let me know. I'd love to hear them.

1 comment:

Potsy said...

Thanks guys...I'm thinking I'm going to wait until 64bit processors are available on the tablets, but knowing my luck, that's not going to be the case. Who knows, but I really appreciate the telling me to wait or go top of the line, which will be a ough sell to the wife, but she'd probably let me do it if she knows its going to help with creativity.