Truthfully, he doesn't. He said that if he had his way, his style would give him a better shot at facing Mirko Cro Cop for his title...however, he picked Gonzaga to win the fight...
Gonzaga Kicked Cro Cop SO HARD IN THE HEAD that it KNOCKED him out clean...in what I believe was the first round, and was out of nowhere. It was an amazing kick. I mean, Cro Cop was OUT for literally the entire 4 minute commercial break.
Though I'm in the minority, I believe UFC is starting to have certain people throw fights. Why? Because truthfully, these guys sometimes look like they are just waiting for 15 minutes (or 25 in the case of Sylvia losing to Couture at UFC 68). It leads me to wonder something.
Is it better to have pre-determined outcomes, and not let anyone know that its fake? Like only doing it for the main fights, and everything else is as expected, a shootfight?
I think it allows for the great fights that you see, but also allows the drama if you start believing certain outcomes are pre-determined. I mean, who DIDN'T want to see Couture WIN the World Title again?
In a fight like Tito vs. Chuck? I don't care who wins, I enjoy watching both, so why pre-determine it? It has the build up, the drive and the delivery...
But with Cro Cop vs. Gonzaga? Who heard of Gonzaga? But to see Couture say that he thought Gonzaga was going to win, even though he felt he matched up better with the other? Boom... Create the Drama and the story.
You have to admit, that for the last 20 years, even KNOWING that Hulk Hogan was going to win, Vince McMahon created the drama that makes people go, "Wow." I know I'm just as good at calling outcomes with wrestling as I am in tv drama, but when it comes to fruitition, you go, "Man, I'm glad they went there...I'm glad I'm a fan."
And that's how I feel tonight. I saw that kick...and no, I was NOT at a strip club, even though I wanted to be...and I saw that kick, and it made me go, "We got ourselves a great match coming up."
No comments:
Post a Comment