So Yesterday, I'm at work, and a kid that works for me, Jimmy (real name, and no this isn't made up, is Jiten Girish Kumar Patel) makes a joke about something that he adds the line, "With your mom's left hand...Ohhhh son!" Don't know why he said the Oh son to the end, but I guess it was for effect.
I take the statement, and with a bold stare back, I say, "My mom doesn't have a left hand. She lost her arm a couple years ago." He's like, "I'm calling bullshit."
The other guy working for me, is like laughing about it to, and then goes, "Wait a second, are you for real?" To which I was like, "Dude, my mom lost her arm a couple years ago...that's why it was so amazing she still serves tables at the Angus Barn, and just passed ten years.:
At this point, Derek, who absolutely knows I'm bullshitting chimes in, "Dude, when I made fun of Rob's mom when he was drunk, he damn near killed me...its a sensative subject. Especially since she lost her arm."
I'm still holding a straight face, and John (I call him Manconi) is buying it now. Jimmy still says, "Rob, there's no way. I know what kind of jokes you play, this isn't funny."
I just look at him and say, "Apologize, Jimmy. It isn't funny." And he just looks at me. Derek looks at him and is like, "Dude, Jimmy, it isn't funny, man."
And then I leave...I didn't tell him it was a joke, I just left it there...its pretty damn cruel, but I think its pretty damn funny at the same time.
No comments:
Post a Comment