so its been one of those weeks. I got my review from my boss about the job I've been doing and it included random phrases like, "You can be a dick sometimes," "We really don't need to work as hard" and "I'm not as good as a district manager as I was as a store manager..." Overall, I was a three, which means I do my job correctly, and there are some things I need to improve, and other things that I EXCEL in, so that's good. He knows I'm try ing and he either respects me, or he's truly scared of me...either way, he gave me a fair review with the two areas of improvement being places I agree 100% with.
JK is on vacation this week, and we've conversed only once on an update of where he is with TAVA. I'm assuming he's laying out the next portion of the story so we can try to get a month ahead again, since at the moment, we're about 2 weeks ahead in story. For anyone who hasn't checked it out, its at www.ardyvanstarr.com and it would be really helpful for everyone to check it out and tell their friends, since this is our life's work and we're damn proud of it.
Oh well, with everything else going on, I guess we just need to make sure we keep up with everything. My brother-in-law and father-in-law came and visited me at work and started the conversation with "we'd like to complain to the manager" which actually DID make the other three customers in the store actually turn to look, as if in a "Why, these guys are awesome" manner. That was funny and cool.
Next week, FINALLY, I start my alcohol classes, and it will take me 6 weeks to get through it all, and it has to be 6 weeks straight. This is pretty buggy, and I really don't want to do it, but I have to, and it will take up my entire tuesday nights off for a while. Oh well, just get it over with and not deal with any of it.
The TV is doing really well, though it changes the aspect ratio back to 16:9 after about 20 minutes, so I've just decided I'm going to leave it alone. Still have to call to get the other tv serviced.
Well, this wasn't really an eventful 400th post, but I can't believe that I've been writing this thing for two plus years and I'm up to a huge post number. I'm almost thinking I should start filing these to make a book out of them someday...The Potchak Files.... well, it has a ring to it.
Not as cool as my wife having to deal with a co-worker with a John Deere tractor tattoo, or carnies stumbling in...all we ever get at my job are Mexicans that ask "No spreaka Spanish?" and I just look at them and go, "No...Speaka English?" and they just stare at me like I'm supposed to be bilingual. Trust me, if I were, I'd be making more money working somewhere else, or hell, making more where I'm at, but overall, I speak English...I work in an environment where ALL my signage is in English, and that's how it is...don't look at me like I'm stupid because you didn't feel you should attempt to learn what everyone else is speaking due to where you are? I'll get looked at as an asshole here, but it's THEIR ignorance that we are adhering to, and it is completely unnecessary for ME to adhere to it. I learned what I was taught when I was BORN HERE...if they don't feel they have to, they should stay in a spanish community and speak spanish there...where it is expected.
I know, I'll ruffle a few feathers there...but its true. Don't make me feel stupid for not knowing your language when you come into MY STORE. That's YOUR ignorance and stupidity, not mine. Don't think you can make gestures in other languages, either, because we all understand them well enough to know that you are NOT being nice.
I swear, ignorance is spreading like killer bees...and people are accepting it because they are not strong enough to do anything about it.
Ugh...
No comments:
Post a Comment