Below are the matches for Wrestlemania, and all the predictions for each. While this is normally the best event of the year from the WWE, The show looks a little...no, maybe a lot of WEAK this year. Anyways, I'll go from the card, and yes, get over the fact that the Main Events are first. links FROM WWE.com have been included...HOPEFULLY they won't get all tiffy with me.
World Heavyweight Champion Batista vs. Undertaker
The streak vs. the title, and the Animal vs. the Deadman. This one is a tough one to call, I one I really can't give a good impression on, but if recent memory serves, I believe Batista has been getting the better of the Undertaker on pretty much a weekly basis...so with that said, I think the one thing that is constant at the past FIFTEEN Wrestlemanias stays true to form, and the Undertaker walks out the winner...the question, however, is does he walk out with the World Championship, and for some reason, I don't see Vince giving the old Deadman the belt over his prized project from Smackdown...if this match IS NOT "NO DQ," expect something underhanded to occur, allowing Batista to retain the title.
World Heavyweight Champion Batista vs. Undertaker
The streak vs. the title, and the Animal vs. the Deadman. This one is a tough one to call, I one I really can't give a good impression on, but if recent memory serves, I believe Batista has been getting the better of the Undertaker on pretty much a weekly basis...so with that said, I think the one thing that is constant at the past FIFTEEN Wrestlemanias stays true to form, and the Undertaker walks out the winner...the question, however, is does he walk out with the World Championship, and for some reason, I don't see Vince giving the old Deadman the belt over his prized project from Smackdown...if this match IS NOT "NO DQ," expect something underhanded to occur, allowing Batista to retain the title.
WWE Champion John Cena vs. Shawn Michaels
Anyone who knows me KNOWS for a FACT that I called that this match would be the headliner at Wrestlemania RIGHT AFTER Triple H blew out his quad. My boy Tino asked, "What do you think they are going to do?" To which my reply was, "HBK for the world title at WM and Orton and Edge fighting each other due to jealousy and blah blah bad guy ego tagteam shit..." And I was right. So now the question is, do we give HBK one last hoorah with the belt? John Cena is your "Golden Boy" and HBK is your go to guy for a good match when Triple H is out, so I would normally say, "No." I believe ONE of the world championships changes hands, so I have got to say this is the one that does. But I think he drops the belt right back to John Cena like within two months.
Anyone who knows me KNOWS for a FACT that I called that this match would be the headliner at Wrestlemania RIGHT AFTER Triple H blew out his quad. My boy Tino asked, "What do you think they are going to do?" To which my reply was, "HBK for the world title at WM and Orton and Edge fighting each other due to jealousy and blah blah bad guy ego tagteam shit..." And I was right. So now the question is, do we give HBK one last hoorah with the belt? John Cena is your "Golden Boy" and HBK is your go to guy for a good match when Triple H is out, so I would normally say, "No." I believe ONE of the world championships changes hands, so I have got to say this is the one that does. But I think he drops the belt right back to John Cena like within two months.
Battle of the Billionaires
I gotta say, the Rock said it best here...http://www.wwe.com/content/media/video/tvshows/raw/200703/4323564/031207rock
and the "Great One" normally knows what he's talking about. However, I like being unpredictable and "Swervy" in this spot. Yes, McMahon gets his head shaved, and I'm TOTALLY COOL with him just losing the match, but WHAT IF Umaga wins the match over Bobby Lashley, but Stone Cold gives Vince McMahon the stunner and lets Donald Trump shave his head anyway? That would add more to the unpredictability to help promote Austin's new movie, and be a pretty fun way for Vince to finally take the rug off his head.
I gotta say, the Rock said it best here...http://www.wwe.com/content/media/video/tvshows/raw/200703/4323564/031207rock
and the "Great One" normally knows what he's talking about. However, I like being unpredictable and "Swervy" in this spot. Yes, McMahon gets his head shaved, and I'm TOTALLY COOL with him just losing the match, but WHAT IF Umaga wins the match over Bobby Lashley, but Stone Cold gives Vince McMahon the stunner and lets Donald Trump shave his head anyway? That would add more to the unpredictability to help promote Austin's new movie, and be a pretty fun way for Vince to finally take the rug off his head.
Money in the Bank Ladder Match
Well, here, the fans win. Great competitors going for the Money in the Bank. This is almost as good as winning the KING OF THE RING Tournament. Well, I say this...Kennedy is the strongest candidate to win the world title, RIGHT NOW, that WWE has, and I think Vince knows it. His star is shining brighter than the others, and lets be honest, the reason that Edge vs. Orton isn't happening elsewhere on the card is because Edge is hurt, so he's good for a few big spots, but not necessarily for a full match. Not to mention, I don't think Vince is dumb enough to give him a second MITB, nor give it to Orton or Booker, who are already established heels.
MRRRRRRR. KENNNNNNEDYYYYYY.........................KENNEDY
Well, here, the fans win. Great competitors going for the Money in the Bank. This is almost as good as winning the KING OF THE RING Tournament. Well, I say this...Kennedy is the strongest candidate to win the world title, RIGHT NOW, that WWE has, and I think Vince knows it. His star is shining brighter than the others, and lets be honest, the reason that Edge vs. Orton isn't happening elsewhere on the card is because Edge is hurt, so he's good for a few big spots, but not necessarily for a full match. Not to mention, I don't think Vince is dumb enough to give him a second MITB, nor give it to Orton or Booker, who are already established heels.
MRRRRRRR. KENNNNNNEDYYYYYY.........................KENNEDY
ECW Originals vs. New Breed
Sad day for Tommy Dreamer and RVD...They are going to win, or lose, in the worst match of the night...okay, third worst match of the night. The rumor has the originals LOSING this match, meaning I gotta go with that. I also think its because Vince isn't really sure what to make of those guys, and their one year deals are about up...so expect RVD, Dreamer, Sandman and Sabu to fade away slowly...starting tonight.
Sad day for Tommy Dreamer and RVD...They are going to win, or lose, in the worst match of the night...okay, third worst match of the night. The rumor has the originals LOSING this match, meaning I gotta go with that. I also think its because Vince isn't really sure what to make of those guys, and their one year deals are about up...so expect RVD, Dreamer, Sandman and Sabu to fade away slowly...starting tonight.
Women's Champion Melina vs. Ashley
Second worst match of the night candidate...You've got a backstage whiner fighting a playboy bunny...man I want Stacy Keibler back on WWE tv....she looked so hot in that show I saw her in on ABC not too long ago. Does Ashley win because she's in Playboy? Probably...in a HORRIBLE match.
Second worst match of the night candidate...You've got a backstage whiner fighting a playboy bunny...man I want Stacy Keibler back on WWE tv....she looked so hot in that show I saw her in on ABC not too long ago. Does Ashley win because she's in Playboy? Probably...in a HORRIBLE match.
Kane vs. The Great Khali
STINKER OF THE NIGHT! Battle of the Big Men ought to be called, "Godzilla vs. Giant chest man with oversized chins..." This match is going to suck so bad that I truly believe my prediction is...I'm going to get up to go to the bathroom for this one.
STINKER OF THE NIGHT! Battle of the Big Men ought to be called, "Godzilla vs. Giant chest man with oversized chins..." This match is going to suck so bad that I truly believe my prediction is...I'm going to get up to go to the bathroom for this one.
United States Champion Chris Benoit vs. MVP
This match may end up being the best match of the night, and its only on here for Filler. With rumor that Chris Benoit will be making his way over to RAW after Wrestlemania, I believe they have him lose his title here, and I think he loses clean. Hopefully the bad taste it leaves doesn't stick after WM, though, because if he goes to RAW, it better be to help push a World Champion.
Weeeeelllll, those are the predictions, and like I said, this is going to be the worst Wrestlemania in about 15 years...but it may go down as the worst, even though it has all the hype in the world with regular media.
This match may end up being the best match of the night, and its only on here for Filler. With rumor that Chris Benoit will be making his way over to RAW after Wrestlemania, I believe they have him lose his title here, and I think he loses clean. Hopefully the bad taste it leaves doesn't stick after WM, though, because if he goes to RAW, it better be to help push a World Champion.
Weeeeelllll, those are the predictions, and like I said, this is going to be the worst Wrestlemania in about 15 years...but it may go down as the worst, even though it has all the hype in the world with regular media.
No comments:
Post a Comment