Friday, April 29, 2011

514: Try again...

There are no words to really describe how you feel about your oldest friends. Brother, "My boys" etc. Often times we do not say we love them, but you know it. The same can be said about a budding relationship that builds over time. You know it, they know it, but it isn't until it's said that it takes a foothold.

John explained to me that the first time he took Raquel out, he had started kinda seeing someone. But it wasn't until a few days after his first date with Raquel, when she called him to tell him she had a nice time that it took that hold. Me, I would have thought it would have been after she said yes to the first date being an AC/DC concert... I mean, that should have had john putting a ring on her finger there.

I don't know when they became a couple officially, but I
know that when I meant Raquel, john was trying to say it wasn't serious, while in a juvenile way was kinda motioning "check out what I landed! YEAH!"

John's always been very meat and potatoes...at least up til about 2-3 years ago, when he started traveling the world, and getting more cultured than his "Roll Tide" persona. He will probably disagree, but I bet it had to do with impressing someone.

I don't know Raquel well,  but you can see that these two really enjoy each other, respect each other and finally, love each other.

They don't seem to question each other, they simply stand by each other knowing that they can handle anything that stands in their way. John's a special guy and Raquel must be special as well, for these two to have found each other and built a bond that stand the test of time.

None of us lose here, folks...we all gain. Some gain a son, others a daughter, a brother or a sister, or even those not related, gaining another piece to our lifelong friendsbips...Let's ring them in with a toast and wish them a lifetime of happiness.

No comments: