Friday, November 25, 2005

Post 188: To TV or not to TV

Well, first the update...I have RE-lettered the first 11 pages of ARDY: City That Never Sleeps The Director's Cut already, and will continue to work on it until its complete...unfortunately, I've got three days working in a row, so it may slow down this weekend. I should actually have it ready for print within about 2 weeks, if I can stay motivated.

The good news there is that I sent some of the prelim pages to Timothy Johnson, the original artist and he said that the graytones add a good bit to the art, and I told him that he can have as many copies as he'd like.

TV News: Anybody that knows me knows I want a new tv...been wanting one for about 12 months. I've decided that a 30 inch widescreen tv is more than enough to take the place of my 27 inch standard size tv, and I can even get one for about $400. The question is, do I want to spend the money when I do have a perfectly good working tv as is? Well, it does have a degauzing problem, and a large blue spot on the screen, but I want it...I just have to justify the cost, which at this time of year sucks.

Lost and Found! A long while ago, myself and artist AP Furtado (who contributed a pinup to Landis #0 print version) were going to work on an Ardy title named INDOMITABLE FORCES, where Ardy became an intergalactic wrestler in order to find a missing person. Well, only one piece of art that I know of actually ever got created, and I thought it was long gone...well, through the greatness that is the WWW, I was able to find a link to a colored version of what would have been the cover. And though AP (I call him Tony) is busy working with 01comics(.com), and contributing semi-regularly to HEAVY METAL, I still have hopes that one day him and I will work on a project we can both look upon and be 100% satisfied with...since we did a lot of cheesy books, and never really got a chance to work on anything serious together.

Ahh...someday.

No comments: