Monday, November 14, 2005

A treat for all of you LANDIS fans, today...

This is actually the second page that ELISA LANDIS ever showed up on in a comic. I've "remastered" it, since I could only see it in a very bad gray and newsprinted page, so I've cleaned it up and placed it here. The comic in question is SCORN: HEATWAVE #1, from SCC Entertainment.

It's a little funny. She has gone through SO many changes since her first appearance here (January 1997). The whole idea was that the characters live on multiple Earths (similar to DC Comics...but more similar to SLIDERS). Some of the characters would be evil on some Earths, while some would still be heroes no matter the world they were on.

In this particular world that Scorn showed up on, Landis was a mystic and helped TRAIN Scorn to be a better hero. The funny thing was, that this issue was created during the height of the BAD GIRL craze, and due to that, Landis was an almost Gothic girl, wearing weird headpieces and such.

If Chris wants to, as a very special EXTRA to the print version of LANDIS, I'd love to reprint the story, since it was fifteen pages of...well, not great writing, and interesting (to say the least) art. I'm still proud of it, because I was able to write the last fifteen pages of that book in less than 7 days, but now, when I look back, you can tell.

I guess that's what I get for being a cocky 19 year old when writing it. Posted by Picasa

No comments: