Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Update of sorts

I was going through my old collection of my work, and as stated previously, I want to do something special for ARDY's 20th birthday (much like I will intend to do for Landis' in 2007 (10th anniversary). Well, I located a lot of the old pages of ARDY: CITY THAT NEVER SLEEPS, and since the final portion had NEVER been released, I intend to put out a printed version through my POTS AND PANS INK, through ComiXpress sometime next year.

I may also try to put it up in place of LANDIS when it goes on hiatus (unless another artist is available to take over the project).

I believe for that, I may use either the Tom Nguyen (Batman) or Bill Maus (Zen) piece as the cover...but I'll be doing the story as a director's cut that will now be in graytones instead of plain black and white, and with a rewritten script, and have not only the ending that was never seen, but also some scenes that didn't originally make the cut. Maybe even some of the original sketches from Tim Johnson, and probably a pinup gallery. All in all, I'll even try to keep the cost of the book relatively inexpensive so that anyone that wants one won't break the bank for it.

Also...although I haven't really gotten full feedback on it, but Chris Crosby (publisher of Keenspot) said that he enjoyed the treatment I wrote for the next Landis story, but it still looks like we're a good ways off from starting any movement on the story. But at least we're psat the first major hurdle. Him and I will throw ideas back and forth and start trying to move the story further.

No comments: