The personal accountings of Rob Potchak. Professional (yet independent) Comic Book Writer and Artist. All around man about town.
Sunday, April 17, 2011
503rd Blog: Day of movies, typing and not much else
So I weeped my eyes out earlier to nobody reading, haha, and now I still have this itch to write more that no one else will read, unless they do a search for Rob Potchak, and then they might actually stumble into it, but if they are doing a search for me, I guess it's okay, and I probably WANT them to know more about me, lol. So I watched this movie earlier called "This Girl's Life" and it was about an internet pornstar who's contract is up, she's got another one on the table, as well as she's trying to understand why 99% of guys if given the offer to cheat with a hottie will accept, while 99% of women in the same position will tell the men to fuck off, so she starts a "Would you cheat" business. The movie was interesting, filled with nudity from her "profession," but the interesting part was really the role James Woods played in the film. The lead actress was Juliette Marquis, who I guess I could look up on IMDB if I wanted to see more, because she was simply stunning, which is why she pulled the role so well. James Woods actually plays her ill father, who has horrible Parkinsons, and he plays the part fabulously. Rosario Dawson also plays a small role, as does Michael Rappaport. Woods stole the movie with his representation of a failing man just remarkable. The rest of the movie was questionable, but what are you going to do on a Sunday when you don't want to do real work? I also finally watched the final episode of 24 ever, and have to say, I was a little disappointed. I didn't even watch like the last 6-8 episodes, and I really didn't feel like I missed much, which is sad that the show was that predictable. I remember a Playboy interview with Sutherland stating that he could see the show continuing without him (this was during Season 3), if they had the right actor to take his spot, similar to the LAW AND ORDER series. Obviously, Fox thought differently. Finally, I decided to watch FROM PARIS WITH LOVE from Luc Besson, more recognized for Leon: The Professional and La Femme Nikita, and more recently, Taken. Travolta is pretty insane in it which is funny, and Jonathan Rhies Myers is hysterical trying to not have a Brit accent. Definitely not the pace that you normally see from Besson, but its pretty good so far. Pretty humorous that they are supposed to be Agents, and Myers is running around with a vase. Alrigh, I'm thinking about that first movie again. It does interest me what they spoke about, the 99er, as they called it. I don't think I'd be one of the guys, but we all want to say that. If this woman were to have asked me, then even though part of me would be asking to see her last test to make sure she was clean, I know it would not be easy to pass. I'm a man, I have urges, and I do believe that it's hard for me, as a man, to always believe I can be the better man. An average woman when I've got a good thing going? That's a different story, similar to throwing away the phone number. I know that if I'm putting the effort into something, that its kinda what I want... sure, that may be a "right now" situation, but I tend to know what I'm going for. alright...here's sappy coming out again...I really miss what its like having someone wanting you around...arms around you, warmth of the skin, all that. Yup, there, I said it. I am lonely. didn't think I was until I remembered what it was like to have someone tell me they like me...anyway, ... hm. Maybe I'll continue this later.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment