Monday, April 18, 2011

504: Preparing for work, and just more mindlessness

I am a week from a vacation, something I haven't done in a year, and I finally feel like I'm burning on both ends of the candle with work. I got my review, I wasn't exactly satisfied with the score, but I'm cool with the end result. My rent is about to go up, and I have to ask, why is it that apartments are the only real company that can offer a brand new person a discount, but not the people that are comfortable and are willing to stay? I mean, even cell phone companies offer customers the same deal as new customers if they stay satisfied long enough. What gives?! So, it looks like my rent will be going up about $50 per month for the year...sheesh. I want to start writing a book again. I've had some ideas, even pressed the old publisher to see if anything would be to my liking, but alas, he wasn't sold on my reboot of a classic idea, and while he said he'd resubmit LANDIS to his agents, without any controlling interest, he isn't nearly as excited to do so, and who can blame him? Gears of War 3's beta is up and active, and I tried it out, and even posted my initial thoughts on Facebook about it, in a quick snippet, it's good...dern good. But the people on there are already getting themselves up to level 15, and I'm a lowly level one. I did my my curbstomps in, though, so it wasn't all bad. I just wish I personally had more time to do more with it, than an hour here and an hour there kinda stuff. At least I played it before the Bulletstorm buyers, and next week, it'll get real flooded with the GameStop preorder customers joining the fray. Think I need to find an alternative source of income. I'm finding that until I get either my car or my debt paid off, I still have a problem living on the income I bring in personally. I don't think this will be an issue at all after next July, when my car gets paid off, but damn it'd be nice to get rid of a $300 payment for something I can't even take advantage of now. Add in the almost $200 in insurance a month and 25% of my income is gone from something I can't even use... sheesh. Oh well, is what it is, I guess. Just gotta be more responsible with the little bit of cash I have, but with this being me, I am not sure that's a possibility :). With that all said...I'm out for now.

No comments: