Wednesday, April 27, 2011

512: Okay, time to get passed it...

So I'm telling myself I have to get passed the situation because I have a feeling I'm going to see her more often than I'd like, because at least our Wednesday social circles overlap, and I want to believe she was being honest on her "don't want to hurt you" statement. I do think that if she liked what was happening between us, it should have been the other guy she told she had something with someone else, but whatever. I know long distance things don't work, but I don't know what her deal is and I guess I shouldn't care, either...so I am going to move away from this.

Today, first day I was in NY, and it really felt good. I hadn't seen John in about two years and what's great is we just get along, give our opinions and our friendship has always been a shining spotin my life and I am honored and privileged to be his best man this weekend. Our trip to Atlantic City tomorrow is gonna be a crazy go round, though I've got to be careful with the money, as I really don't have any to waste, and I'll still be wasting some of it, lol.

Other friends show up tomorrow and while it has a chance to be THE HANGOVER, I don't think it will ever get that crazy, but what do I know?

Raquel, John's fiancee, seems great for him as they just get along and compliment each other well, which is good. I have seen him put himself out there in other relationships and this time, I think that it really has to do with the compliment feelig that drew him to her and he told me a story of how he met her and how he knew he wanted to continue talking to her after she called him back and told him she enjoyed it. She reached out and he liked that. He wasn't chasing her and she wasn't chasing him. It was a partnership from launch, and that's what he needed.

Wonder if I'll ever find that for myself...since I am not just "fun to chill with, " I typically make the party what it is.

No comments: