Saturday, March 04, 2006

The piece I'm pretty proud of. Captain America, here, is unfinished, and like Marv, was drawn on a steno notebook, which isn't great quality, thickness or anything, but for a sketch done at work when I'm supposed to be trying to earn commission, taking less than 30 minutes to complete and such, this is a pretty slick drawing. With it, I'm trying to give the look that he's holding the shield with his right arm, and I really like the composition. If I were to attempt to ink this piece, I'm not sure if I would go for a darker, more striated art look, ala Stephen Platt, or if I would go for a "as few lines as possible" ala Mike Avon Oeming look.

Either way you slice it, I'm enjoying the fact that I'm getting my drawing chops back, but as you can see, I haven't really explored other mediums, so I may go back to the different colored paper with black, paper color and white inks, to really give it a positive and negative space feel. Maybe I'll begin liking my stuff enough to once again attempt a comic...

ehh...probably not. Posted by Picasa

No comments: