Ernie, your prize was shipped today. It was a Landis print, featuring the art of Owen Gieni, colored by Studio makma, autographed and sketched (Ardy) from me... if you have a digital camera and would like it to be seen on the blog, send me a pic :).
Today's piece was a painted would be cover for one of the issues of Landis, had it been a monthly series. The name isn't in my head of the artist (SORRRRRRY!) but its a gorgeous piece (that I'd LOVE to get the original for).
A couple days ago, I posted here how I was writing a new story called Tagger's Tale, and that I was already 12 pages into scripting it. Well, with my new writing format, witnessed by both JK and Eric (and Chris, I didn't forget you, boss!), and my trust in them as artists, I'm now 48 pages into Ardy and 44 pages into Tagger (Ardy is done in 48 page story arcs, Tagger/Landis is being done in 22 page issue arcs).
What that basically means is that I'm going to have the possibility of finishing this next arc of Landis, which tiptoes around the aftermath of LANDIS volume 1, and really touches on Tagger's character, including his first meeting with our red-haired hottie. I don't normally tend to believe it when I'm onto writing something good, but in this situation, *I* know I've written a REALLY good first two issues. I just want to keep the momentum going and finish this arc (probably another four issue one, so 88 pages in total), and then I'll get back on THIEF to finish it's initial arc...when that is completed, hopefully I'll talk Chris into getting the rest of LANDIS colored so we can move onto a print version, which he sounds a lot more positive about.
Lots of stuff going on, and to anyone wondering, I WAS able to get my hands on a licensed copy of Photoshop C2, so I've now replaced almost ALL the program software I had lost. NOW, I just need to get those scripts back from the artists so I can see where they are going.
Trust me when I say that the TAGGER'S TALE is honestly one of my favorite written stories thus far, ever...I put it right up there with the unfinished SPRING BROKE Ardy story, which will see its way onto the webcomic.
I think that's about everything today...and yes, I'm thinking about posting SOME of the new TAGGER script online, but I don't want to ruin the surprises just yet.
No comments:
Post a Comment