Monday, March 27, 2006

Post 258: Boredom

I'll probably have the first three issues of Tagger's Tale done within therest of the week, the way work is going. I find it crazy that sometimes I can write for two or three hours and really put good work down, and then sometimes I'll go weeks or months without it...like THIEF. I wrote two issues with NO trouble...then "the fever" struck. I couldn't write anymore of it. My own personal hypeon the story just showed that it was TOO GOOD of a story for me to write, that I started feeling like I was cutting corners rushing to keep the flow right...and I just didn't have it.

THIEF is a story I want to have completed before I do anything with it, and Eric knows this. He's been patient with me, and I've been patient with him. We've been working on it close to a year already with just a little more than 30 pages penciled (not near completion, yet).

Its no wonder that writers like Bendis have to phone in issues and mess up a well written title or five...and that's sad. It also makes me wonder how Geoff Johns can write five or six QUALITY titles all the time and never slack off.

So JK and I are going to attempt our string of 30 minute broadcasts again as soon as both of us are caught up on our weekly wrestlings...which means me this time. We're probably going to do two 30 minutes a week when we are able to, but we'll probably start with one.

On all the other stuff, I'm looking at working in a different word and pictures format to work with, since I'm not nearly as skilled with action panels and such. Very early stages...not sure what it'll amount to.

No comments: