Wednesday, March 14, 2007

3-14-07: Video Game Bliss...MANY THINGS INSIDE!

Alright, this story starts yesterday. As everyone knows, I'm a store manager of a GAMESTOP in Raleigh, NC...so I like video games. Its a hobby, and a pastime. My wife doesn't understand why I like them, just like I don't understand why she likes romance novels about things that would never and will never happen to any one of our friends, relatives, or US for that matter...okay, so no rants here, this isn't about a fight that the wife and I had, this is about pure goodness...VIDEO GAMES THAT ARE GOOD...in fact, some that are DAMN good...in fact, some of these are SOME OF THE BEST GAMES IF YOU CAN FIND THEM.

So last night, about 6pm, I walk into my sister store across the hall (an EB Games at the same mall...don't ask). The manager, Jason, is talking to a guy who is trying to get rid of some Playstation 1 games. Now, our company DOES NOT take these items back, but remember, we ARE gamers...we LOVE games, and we (as wrestling writers say) MARK OUT for GREAT CLASSICS. Well, this guy wants to just dump them off, and Jason tells him that if he were to put them on EBay or somewhere that he'll make a boatload on them. So I look at them and he tells me he wants $15 for ALL of them...13 games in all, and now for the titles...followed in parenthesis with GAMESTOP's SELL price (what we'd sell it for).

Final Fantasy VII black label edition, meaning the first print, NOT Greatest Hits (29.99)
Final Fantasy Tactics Greatest Hits (12.99)
Final Fantasy IX Black Label (17.99)
Lunar: Silver Star Story (29.99)
Lunar 2: Eternal Blue LIMITED EDITION (34.99)
Legend of Mana Black Label (19.99)
Grandia Black Label (19.99)
Suikoden (29.99)
Suikoden II (59.99)

There were a couple others, like Legend of Dragoon, but I sold that one the same night I bought them for $18, meaning, I spent $2 on all these, since I eventually bought them from the guy for $20. Now even though those prices represent what GAMESTOP would be selling them for, it does NOT represent the current prices on these titles, with Suikoden II going for upwards of $150 on Ebay, and Black Label editions of the others taking in 2-3 times those values. It was a good day indeed, since the company could NOT take them and help the guy, I gladly did (so as such, not breaking any rules).

ANYONE wanting to make an OFFER on ANY of these titles contact me through my email address, rpotchak@gmail.com or my myspace page that you read this at.

Okay, so that was the surreal "Let's Make a Deal" of the century area for me (because if I sell these now, I will probably have a decent amount of cabbage come in for them)...but today, GOD OF WAR II came out on Playstation 2, and it seems WALMART may be pulling the game based on the fact that Kratos, the main character, has sex with hot partially nude women, and the violence, vulgarity and everything else has everyone thinking this game is TOO over the top. I for one applaud Walmart for dropping the title, but only because it means it'll be harder for ass-clowns to find it from places that WON'T be carding underagers...

Finally, TIGER WOODS 2007 came out for the WII today, and I think its great. The controls are a bit wonky, but for the most part, it plays just like I would want it to. I flub shots like I do in real life, so I mean, hell, it probably is the most realistic golf game out there...no bones about it. After playing a round, you actually feel a bit worn, with all the swinging, especially if you are like me and really attempting to use your golf swing. I give it four clubs.

Alright, so again, anyone looking for any of those games, contact me about them with an offer, and let's make a deal!

No comments: