So the people checking out THE ARDY VANSTARR ADVENTURES today have given us decent numbers...not the greatest or anything, but better than a non-advertised day, so I'm not unhappy, I'm just not super ecstatic like the day we advertised Elisa Landis (of www.elisalandis.com) in a bath towel, when she got over 14000 unique hits that day...shows you what a guy with a giant yellow nose, versus a hot redhead in a bathtowel is capable of doing. So, again, decent numbers for a title that is barely a month old without a female lead, but I guess with the female characters upcoming, we may see better numbers in the future.
Okay, now to what the subject line says...does anyone know how bad a non-signed credit card slip is? First of all, it breaks the simplest policy we have...get all documents signed. Duh. Now couple that with the fact that the transaction was almost $800...now what do I do? Well, after contacting my boss to find out what I had to do in that situation, I now have to contact the person in charge of sales audits to find out if the charge has been disputed...If the charge is not disputed, and is legitimate, the employee in question has to be given a First and Final warning. This means any future slip ups for the rest of their employment, they can be terminated for with proper HR approval...that's if its a legitimate charge...if it turns out fraudulent, I have to contact my boss, who in turn has to contact HR and together we have to fire him...or even better is in my bosses terms, "Someone gets fired for an $800 loss..."
What would everyone out there do? How do we spin a positive label on the employee here? This is just stupid bullshit that more than anything should HAVE NEVER HAPPENED...this is the biggest issue I currently have with my job, the fact that I have an employee that makes it so easy to fire them, when in actuality, you'd think they would WANT to do their job better. I'm tired of telling them that they need to shape up, but I'm not in the mood to attempt to hire anyone at the moment. Its bad enough I have personal things to take care of, let alone now possibly having to find a new employee for not following the simplest of company tasks...
Not only this, but since both this employee and the assistant Manager did not contact me, I may have to take further action with the ASM...Christ, this is becoming a natural disaster here.
Oh well, at least in the night time I can talk about comics I've written and where I intend to go from here...
No comments:
Post a Comment