As I wait for my poker game to start online (anyone wanting to come on, let me know, I'll invite you so we both get free cash), I have realized that its been four days since my last blog. While this is still much more frequent than a lot of people, my blogs happen as they do because I feel I have something to share. This evening, I'm angered by something, but understanding...
I want a new tv. I would prefer for it to be 1080p, since that's the height of the spectrum, but I'd be willing to settle for a 720p, as long as it meets the requirements set forth by my mind and my research...
I found two this week. On Sunday, Bestbuy had a model the KDS50a2000 50" Rear Projection with 1080p resolution for 1399.99...regular price on this is 2399.99...lowest competitor, Circuit City had it for 1799.99. Waiting on wife approval, we find out that Best Buy changed the price back to 1899.99 and now are not honoring their own sale price.
So today, one of my two days off, I decide to check the competition to see if they have that tv still, since Bestbuy is making way for the new model. Well, when I get to Circuit City, a buddy of mine, Jovon, is working and we are talking for like 30 minutes about the tvs... I tell him that I feel that 50 inches is too big, but if you find it at that price, you take it. He agreed. Well, I settle on the HLS5086W from Samsung. Another very well reviewed set, and their price is 1199.99 (regular price is 1600) since its an "Out of Program" tv, meaning, its a clearance item. He offers me the display model for 999.99, to which I'm thinking the wife will okay, since I've now dropped the original 1399.99 down to 999.99...
She says okay...I start looking for someone to help me pick it up, since a DLP can not be laid down or you may ruin the bulb...she calls back and tells me she thinks we ought to wait. She gives valid reasons, to which I retort perfectly valid responses, but we are totally at an impasse.
I give in this time, much like she had a few hours earlier, but I feel cheated. I know what she is saying, and I know what she means when she says others would be fortunate to have what we do, but when someone wants something, and I do research to find the best at the best price, it isn't about everyone else, its about my being thrifty to find what I want at the price I'm willing to spend.
Anyway, this isn't a big enough deal to get mad at the wife or anything, but it irritates me. She wants me to not spend at all, when I want to be able to spend as long as it makes sense...ah well, like I said, I understand what she's saying...and it isn't like I'm not being smart with the money... but to her its not an investment, its just a waste of money...
No comments:
Post a Comment