Thursday, March 22, 2007

3-22-07: When you act like an ass, you'll be treated as such.

Why is it so hard for people to realize this simple fact of life? Someone in my life has a drug problem and at certain points in their lives, they've made bad decisions. REALLY bad decisions. So for this I give the simple advice of: Go out, get help, get it fixed before you cause anymore damage, or possibly lose touch with anyone close to you before its too late. You do not go into a bar that people you know and care about work at and then start yelling obscenities at their co-workers, make bad comments to those that don't need to be talked to, and NOT start fights just because you are in a pissy mood and roided up on some kind of perscription medication because you "always have an ailment."

Take it from me, I'm in constant pain. The doctors tell me that my knee is probably pretty close to unfixable, and in bad shape. you know what I do? I wake up, throw down an aleve, and then go to work, come home and go to bed. Every so often, I like to enjoy a round of sex with the missus, play video games, or enjoy the daily meals and television programs... I do NOT go back to the doctors and try to get medication. I do not (anymore) talk to friends and try to chomp down on some pills, and yeah, sometimes I go get drunk...and I'd made my mistake of getting a DWI so I have made it a lesson learned NOT to drink and drive.

I have a temper. I get mad. Sometimes I get angry. But I've only lashed out and fought when I either had a moral or value that I didn't think should be broken that someone stepped over, or flat out when I knew I could win the fight. The second was a rarity, but it happened on a few occasions in younger and stupider years.

When you have a family, and are struggling, embrace them, not the vices in life. My two vices in life are simple...I like to drink sometimes...and I like toys. Most of the toys I like, I can't afford, so be it.

Don't be stupid, don't get kicked out of bars that you know people at, and don't call people trying to help you "a bitch" because if you do, you'll get your friends to kick the shit out of you... however, I guess overall, THIS IS BETTER than a complete stranger who could pull a gun and shoot you. You know who you are...GO GET HELP NOW, before I kick your ass.

On a good note...expect me to upload some pencil drawings to my deviant page within the next couple days. I did a funny Guy Gardner piece because someone mentioned to JK that he should, and I drew a black costume Spider-man...its okay, but I coulda done better. I'll probably whip up a couple of 15 minute sketches to throw up there, too, and JK will be scanning the first of a series of THE ARDY VANSTARR ADVENTURES promo art pieces which I'll try my hand at coloring when I get the file...but trust me, it's a good piece.

No comments: