Sunday, March 04, 2007

3-4-07: Wondering what to do?

So last night I let everyone in on the idea of doing a sketchbook, and today I'm going to elaborate on it a tad more.

I'm thinking do we just want to make it a sketchbook of the characters from The Ardy Vanstarr Adventures, or do we want to just sketch whatever the hell we want?

Every artist that wants to promote themselves at some point does a sketchbook and sells it trying to cover the costs not only of the sketchbook, but also of their studio rent and what have you. I want to do one because I want people to see what I'm drawing, what comes to mind and where its going to go. Because of this, I figure I'll devote certain pages of the sketchbook specifically to TAVA, but then the other pages I think I should be allowed to draw whatever I'd like...or whatever others suggest.

I'd like to know what or whom people would like me to draw, which comic characters, which superheros, whatever. I'd like to know because i'd like to test my own personal artistic boundaries a little more, much like JK does on his Deviant page (which I haven't been taking very good care of mine and I apologize to anyone that's checked it out).

Anyway, Send your suggestions, but be serious when doing so, and I'll blog about which ones I've decided to take on.

And on that note, I'll leave you with a quote from Jim Rome..."So what if Billy Joel drove a car through a house...it could happen to anyone......named Billy Joel."

No comments: