
Dark? Yes. I could say something poignant like I feel this is my way of saying g'bye to Cap, and the darkness has a lot to do with the fact that the hero before you is no longer there...I think I captured the light source on the figure pretty well, those that dark portion is a little off.
As my first full attempt to color the way comic colorists do it, I think I did okay...I just hope Mike is okay when I send him this...since it's his drawing. Its funny, I was going for Deco, and now I feel like I captured more of an oil pastel feel for this. But I like it. I think it came out well, and if Mike likes it, I'll probably play with some of his other pieces, since he had a killer Superman / Cap piece that I want to tackle, but maybe only after I've had some more practice.
No, I don't think I'll ever be on caliber with some great colorists, but I'm also not trying to be...I'm not trying to take their jobs, or want it.
Sure, I'll color TAVA covers if JK wants me to, but will it be necessary? Probably not, but if it is, then I think I'll do an alright job with it...and hell, there are a lot of people out there that color worse than I do...it's just this field doesn't have many bad colorists getting work, which is a good thing :). I just hope people take note that the skin tone IS SKIN colored AND NOT PINK! I HATE when colorists use shades of pink to be the flesh color...BLECH, its repulsive...
No comments:
Post a Comment