Love those new Taco Bell commercials, but only because the one lion can't roll his Rs like the other.
I have two things to talk about right now, and the second one is going to give people headaches just trying to understand...the first however, is a comic update...
JK and I are still having issues getting the website how we'd like which is disappointing for TAVA, since I'd love to have it looking spiffy by now, but hey, we made it through the first month without any issues coming up and we've got through the middle of April done...hopefully we'll be far enough ahead that when I start the next story, we'll be done the first one and be able to breathe a big sigh of relief...I just wish I knew how to add the tracker to it, since I'd like to see how many people are actually checking out the site...I mean, even the blogs have picked up more people reading since I started trying to make them more frequent...
Oh...the other thing. I offered a suggestion to JK the other day and he likes it...its for a Sketchbook for THE ARDY VANSTARR ADVENTURES that we'd print up through a Print on Demand run...I am thinking 48 pages of sketches, with 32 or so of his and 16 of mine...but who knows...since he's the art guy he may want more...we'd try to keep it inexpensive so that we could get some people to buy it, but at the same time, try to get a little income rolling in so we could spend more time on the comic. I know both him and myself would love to do this as a job, rather than our jobs, but that would require some serious income, and that isn't seeming likely.
Now, something a little different... I'm going to go over my third key, Kyle here, because he makes me laugh in a "Why do I still have him working here" way...Since he's been hired, he's mis-counted the register an unknown amount of times, locked his keys in the backroom TWICE, and asked more questions than a 5 year old just learning that Santa doesn't exist...
The weird thing is, I find myself wanting him to "Get it," and not wanting to find someone else, even though I think that'd be the easier thing to do. He continues to just ask the same things over, and over, and over...he continues to NOT be able to get out of the store at a decent time, and he's struggling with WHY he gets written up rather than realizing that they are to make him a better employee.
He feels there's no way for him to impress me, and he wants to learn "everything," so he says, but yet he has yet to try to learn everything because he CAN'T understand the stuff that I've told him to understand and keep in his head already. How can you be a college graduate and have problems giving people the right change on a day to day basis? How can you not only lock your keys in the back once, but twice? How can you forget the combination to the safe when you go into it almost daily?
No comments:
Post a Comment